Monday, June 27, 2011

The Final Summit by Andy Andrews


I received this book about a month ago from Booksneeze, and I finally got a chance to read it. Going into it, I really had no idea what to expect, and it is the second book in a series, the first being The Traveler’s Gift. One can read The Final Summit and still understand it without reading the previous book in the series. I did find it rather interesting, but honestly it was not my cup of tea.
This book was somewhat dull at times, defiantly not my normal adventurous fast paced book. I did enjoy the author’s use of historical characters throughout the book, it kept it rather entertaining.
            I found it a bit hard to connect with the main character, David Ponder, since he was an elderly, 74 year old man, and I am a 21 year old female.
            Honestly I think it was not the best book for me since I am a younger audience and enjoy a bit more adventure mixed into my books. It would probably be a very good read for an audience a bit older than me, and with a longer attention span. I believe this is a book that I will try reading again in a few years to see if it has grown on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment